The NEBOSH National Diploma course is the leading qualification for UK health and safety practitioners and builds on the knowledge gained at Certificate level. The diploma course is designed for those seeking a successful long-term career as a health and safety professional. The NEBOSH diploma course qualification meets the entry requirements for many safety related Masters programmes offered by UK universities.
We provide classroom based courses in London and Newcastle or can run the course at your own site if training a group. We also offer the course online for those who cannot commit to taking the time away from work and would prefer to study in their own time. To find out more about the course options simply complete the form at the bottom of the page.
from £3,995 + VAT + £392 NEBOSH Fees
£1295 + VAT plus £115 NEBOSH Fees
7 weeks (31 days) + exams
Revision workshops are optional and subject to additional charge.
NEBOSH National Diploma Course Content
This course is made up of four units which need to be completed within 5 years and will cover the following key topics;
Unit A: Managing Health and Safety
- Principles of Health and Safety Management
- Principles of Health & Safety Law
- Criminal Law
- Civil Law
- Loss Causation and Incident Investigation
- Measuring and Reviewing Health and Safety
- The Assessment and Evaluation of Risk
- Risk Control
- Organisational Factors
- Human Factors
- The Role of the Health and Safety Practitioner
Unit B: Hazardous Substances/Agents
- Managing Occupational Health
- Identification, Assessment & Evaluation of Hazardous Substances
- The Control of Hazardous Substances
- The Monitoring and Measuring of Hazardous Substances
- Biological Agents
- Noise and Vibration
- Mental Ill-Health & Dealing with Violence & Aggression at Work
- Musculoskeletal Risks and Controls
- Work Environment Risks and Controls
Unit C: Workplace and Work Equipment Safety
- Workplace Welfare Requirements and Specific Workforce Issues
- Fire and Explosion
- Workplace Fire Risk Assessment
- The Storage, Handling and Processing of Dangerous Substances
- Work Equipment
- Workplace Machinery
- Mobile, Lifting, Access and Work at Height Equipment
- Electrical Safety
- Construction and Works of a Temporary Nature – Hazards and Controls
- Workplace Transport and Managing Work-Related Road Risk
Unit DNI: Application of Health and Safety Theory and
Assessed by a work-based project
Who Should Attend?
The NEBOSH Diploma course is for aspiring health and safety practitioners who have previously completed training at certificate level.
The examination consists of three 3-hour written examinations (one each for units A, B & C) and an 8,000 word work based project. You must pass all four units to be awarded the NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
By completing the diploma level course you can expect the following benefits;
- Allows you to use the letters ‘DipNEBOSH’ after your name
- Entitlement to graduate membership of IOSH (GradIOSH), the first step to becoming a Chartered Health and Safety Practitioner
- Entitlement to full membership (MIIRSM) of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM))
- Meets the entry requirements for many safety related Masters programmes offered by UK universities
Comprehensive delegate folder and certificates. Public courses include lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
Contact Us For More Information
To find out how much this course will cost via your chosen method simply complete the form below for a free, no obligation quote.