The ISO 9001 Lead Auditor course is aimed at senior quality managers that want an understanding of the principles and practices that make up the role of a lead auditor.
The course will explain in detail every step of the lead audit process, showing you exactly how to plan, prepare and carry out 3rd party QMS audits on an organisations quality management system, ensuring that ISO 9001 requirements are met. It will also heavily focus on finding areas of improvement during your audit and how to effectively report and action any non conformances.
This course is suitable for aspiring quality professionals that want to audit 3rd party organisations either as part of an auditing body or as a consultant. It is also ideal for experienced quality professionals looking to lead a team of auditors within an organisations quality department.
This course is approved by the CQI and IRCA (PR: 328) and upon successful completion all delegates will be awarded certificate of completion which can be used as part of your application to become a registered CQI and IRCA lead auditor.
£1195 + VAT
Start and Finish Times
08:30 – 17:45
CQI IRCA ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Course Content
The ISO 9001 Lead Auditor course will equip delegates with the skills and knowledge to carry out 3rd party audits on an organisations quality management system. It will also show you how to communicate the findings of your audits effectively to the rest of the management team and gives you a detailed understanding of the key principles of accreditation and certification. The following key topics are all covered;
- The different types of quality management systems and audits
- Quality management and auditing terminology
- How to perform document reviews
- Scope and criteria of your audits
- Conducting and leading onsite audits on ISO 9001
- The requirements of the ISO 9001 lead auditor
- Preparing and planning your ISO 9001 audits
- Setting audit objectives to ensure you meet ISO 9001:2015 requirements
- Creating audit reports and follow up on non conformance
Who Should Attend?
The ISO 9001 lead auditor training course is aimed at senior quality managers who want to provide 3rd party quality audits or lead a team of quality auditors within an organisation. It is also essential for anyone who wishes to register themselves as a lead auditor with the Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) and the International Register of Certified Auditors (IRCA).
By the end of this lead auditor course, delegates will be able to:
- Confidently plan, conduct, report and follow up on 3rd party audits that measures your QMS against the requirements of ISO 9001:2015.
- Explain the purpose of a quality management system, management system audits, the role of a lead auditor and of third-party certification.
- Meet the training requirement aspect for CQI and IRCA membership.
We provide delegates with all course materials, lunch and refreshments and a CQI and IRCA approved certificate of completion will be awarded to all delegates that sucessfully complete the course.
The CQI and IRCA recommend that anyone completing the ISO 9001 lead auditor course have knowledge of the following areas:
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction
- Commonly used quality management terms and definitions
- The 7 Quality Principles as given in ISO 9000
- The process approach used in quality management
- The Model of a Process Based Quality Management System
- The structure and content of ISO 9001 and Annex SL
- The individual clause requirements of ISO 9001
The CQI and IRCA’s guidance on this prior knowledge is that “an absence of the prior knowledge is likely to result in a delegate of average ability failing to achieve the necessary standard for successful completion of the CQI and IRCA examination”.
We Can Deliver This Course At Your Workplace
To find out how much this course would cost you to hold in-house simply complete the form below for a free, no obligation quote.