This one day course teaches delegates how to “audit for effectiveness, by shifting the focus of your audits (and reports) from joined up compliance to instead find more meaningful, more valuable, more relevant outcomes. This course goes beyond auditing for product conformity, beyond auditing for internal process failures, and will give delegates the knowledge and skills to ‘audit in the 3rd dimension’ – enabling them to identify strategic risks and opportunities resulting from business objectives and plan(s).
This highly interactive course, delivered by recognised thought leaders from within the field of quality management will cover the following;
- What we mean by ‘effectiveness’ and the implications for those who audit on behalf of modern organisations, where objectives are set and reset more frequently, and the operating environment is subject to rapid change. Organisations with diverse activities and increased connectivity, where the success depends more and more on soft skills – consensus building, relationships, listening, and understanding, taking the team along.
- Risk based audit programming: Including how to determine which of your organisations process are actually ‘mission critical’ and use this information as a basis for determining what to audit, when and why.
- Auditing ‘the Process Approach’: Perhaps the most misunderstood term in quality! We’ll look at what the process approach actually is, and provide you with the skills and knowledge of how to determine if your organisation is employing it. We’ll also provide guidance and direction on how to incorporate this into your audit planning and reporting.
- Auditing Enablers and Constraints: How to identify and audit those factors which can help and hinder performance and incorporate them into your audit planning and reporting.
- Applying Professional Judgement: A key change to ISO 19011:2018, we’ll consider what we mean by ‘Professional Judgement’, its relevance to 9001:2015’s new requirements, and the considerations when applying this method.
- Auditing in the Digital Age: How to get the most from ‘virtual audits’. We’ll explore the risks and opportunities associated with this technique, as well as the considerations and approaches when using technology to gather information and interview auditees.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is for anyone looking for a learning experience which is interactive, interesting and engaging. This course won’t grind you down with endless PowerPoint slides full of text you could read in a book, or ask you to take part in uncomfortable auditor role plays. This course has been designed to be as enjoyable as it is informative and will equip you with practical skills you can use immediately!
£595 + VAT
Start and Finish Times
09:00 – 17:00
Comprehensive delegate folder and certificates. Public courses include lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
MEET THE TRAINER
This course is designed and delivered by Ian McCabe FCQI, CQP, DipQ, Director of NXTGen Quality Solutions. In 2015 Ian was recognised as ‘One of the Top 10 People’ to shape the Chartered Quality Institute’s view of best practice. His work has featured in several case studies, professional journals and research publications. He has hands-on experience overcoming the many challenges facing organisations and individuals looking to modernise their approach to quality.
To find out how much this course would cost you to hold in-house simply complete the form below for a free, no obligation quote.