The ISO 27001 Foundation course will give you a detailed understanding of information security management together with the requirements for implementing an information security management system into your organisation. The course will explain what an ISMS is and how it can benefit your business.
Everyone completing this course will receive a certificate of attendance which can be used as evidence for your training records and will show certification bodies that you have received training from a competent provider.
The ISO 27001 foundation course consists of a mixture of presentations and group exercises and will cover the following.
- A background of information security and an overview of ISO 27001:2013 requirements.
- The steps required to implement an ISMS
- Reviewing ISMS policy and procedures required by the standard
- Identifying and evaluating assets
- Vulnerabilities associated with these assets, risk assessment
- Annex A requirements
- Identifying risks, threats and assets to the business.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is suitable for individuals that have been tasked with the project to implement an ISMS and aren’t sure where to start. It is useful for those who have previous experience of managing and maintaining another management system.
By the end of this ISO 27001 foundation course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the basic requirements of ISO 27001:2013 and how they apply to processes within your organisation.
- Start the process of implementing an information security management system (ISMS) within your organisation.
- Understand the benefits of adopting ISO 27001 within your organisation.
To find out how much this course would cost you to hold in-house simply complete the form below for a free, no obligation quote.