The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has created significant changes to the rules around the use of personal data. To guarantee effective compliance by 25 May 2018, your organisation is required to have managers in place who understand the requirements of the GDPR and are well equipped to plan, implement and maintain a compliance programme. In some cases, there will also be a requirement for your organisation to appoint a suitably qualified and trained data protection officer.
This 1/2 day course will explain the key GDPR requirements and the steps you will need to put in place to become compliant.
The GDPR requirements course consists of a mixture of presentations and group exercises.
- Definition of the key protection roles
- Scope of the GDPR
- Personal and sensitive data
- Determining the scope of the GDPR
- GDPR Priniciples
- The six principles for the collection and processing of personal information
- GDPR Application
- Collecting and Processing Personal Data
- Requesting Personal Data
- Minors and Consent
- Data Breach Reporting
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Data Protection training can be of benefit to anyone working within data protection, information security and privacy. It is particularly useful for those working as, or aspiring to become, Data Protection Officers (DPO) as the courses provide essential knowledge of the core legislation and best practices.
Start and Finish Times
09:00 – 13:00
Comprehensive delegate folder and certificates. Public courses include lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
By the end of this GDPR requirements course, delegates will be able to:
- Implement procedures within your organisation to ensure GDPR compliance.
- Start the process of implementing a compliance programme to meet GDPR requirements.
To find out how much this course would cost you to hold in-house simply complete the form below for a free, no obligation quote.