This 3 day ISO 14001 lead auditor conversion course is aimed at senior environmental managers who have previously completed a lead auditor course in another standard. The course has been developed to assist those existing auditors of other management system standards to understand how to carry out 3rd party environmental management system audits.
The course is offered through our selected training partners and is fully accredited by the CQI & IRCA. Therefore upon completion of the course you will receive an internationally recognised certificate and will also be able to apply for CQI & IRCA membership.
The ISO 14001 lead auditor conversion course consists of a mixture of presentations, group exercises and a closed book exam. Upon completion of the course you can expect to have gained a detailed understanding of the following areas:
- The purpose of an environmental management system
- How to manage environmental risk
- Creating an environmental audit checklist
- The purpose and requirements of ISO 14001
- Conducting an environmental audit
- Linking environmental legislation to your audits
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The ISO 14001 lead auditor conversion course is aimed at senior environmental managers who want to provide 3rd party environmental audits or lead a team of environmental auditors within an organisation. It is also essential for anyone who wishes to register themselves as a lead auditor with the Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) and the International Register of Certified Auditors (IRCA).
PRIOR KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
To become a CQI IRCA registered Lead Auditor, delegates must have attended and passed a CQI IRCA certified auditor/lead auditor course relating to another management standard, e.g. QMS, OH&S, ISMS, evidence of this needs to be available to CQI IRCA on application.
The course is also available to any delegate who requires skills and knowledge to understand and audit against EMS requirements.
By the end of this ISO 14001 lead auditor conversion course, delegates will be able to:
- Confidently plan, conduct, report and follow up on 3rd party audits that measures your EMS against the requirements of ISO 14001:2015.
- Explain the purpose of a environmental management system, management system audits, the role of a lead auditor and of third-party certification.
- Meet the training requirement aspect for CQI and IRCA membership.
COURSE DATES & VENUES
Click on a venue below to view available dates
To find out how much this course would cost you to hold in-house simply complete the form below for a free, no obligation quote.