Information is at the essence of any business, especially if your clients have given their personal data over to you. One of the most effective ways to reduce your risk of suffering from a data breach is to implement an information security management system (ISMS) that is certified against the internationally recognised standard for information security, ISO 27001.
ISO 27001 outlines the specifications for an information security management system (ISMS) and will help you to identify possible threats to data security within your business as well as assist you in managing the legal, physical and technical controls involved in an organisation’s information risk management processes. ISO 27001 will also cover most of your obligations to conform with the new General Data Protection Regulation which will be coming into effect in May 2018.
Achieving accredited certification to ISO 27001 will also demonstrate to key stakeholders that your company is following information security best practice, providing assurance that data being handled is sufficiently protected.
The benefits of Implementing ISO 27001
- Keeps confidential information secure
- Provides customers and stakeholders with confidence in how you manage risk
- Allows for secure exchange of information
- Helps you to comply with other regulations (e.g. SOX)
- Provide you with a competitive advantage
- Enhanced customer satisfaction that improves client retention
- Consistency in the delivery of your service or product
- Manages and minimises risk exposure
- Builds a culture of security
- Protects the company, assets, shareholders and directors
ISO 27001 Training
With numerous high profile data security breaches taking place in recent years, it has become increasingly more important for organisations to implement an ISMS and if you are not sure where to start then why not get in touch with WRK Training today who can help you with both training and consultancy. We provide courses that can be tailored around your own organisation’s current systems and can be delivered at your site at a time to suit you.