The Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) have announced that the inaugural International Quality Awards, in association with partners DNV GL are to take place in 2017.
The CQI are launching a series of quality awards across six categories, each designed to recognise the contribution of quality professionals across the world.
The International Quality Awards are open to everyone within the quality profession and will recognise those with the biggest contribution to their organisations. The CQI are also looking to recognise leaders who design and implement a culture where quality professionals are able to succeed.
Estelle Clark, Director of Policy at the CQI said “There’s a large space in the awards calendar; as there has been no set of awards designed to recognise quality professionals, those people who engineer their organisations to work efficiently and effectively for the benefits of all of their stakeholders. The CQI is plugging that gap with the establishment of new awards to acknowledge the contribution of the quality profession in enhancing the reputation of their organisations. Judged via a rigorous evidence-based process, we have an ambition that the stories from winners will inspire all our members.”
Ramanie Chandraratne, Global Training Services Manager at DNV GL had the following to say “Driven by our purpose to safeguard life, property and the environment, DNV GL partners with organizations to advance their quality and sustainability efforts, and to build stakeholder trust through our assurance services. We chose to partner with the CQI on this event because we believe that the success of any company starts with people, their education and knowledge, and we believe their role is ever more critical in building sustainable business performance in an increasingly complex business context.”
The six award categories are:
- Quality Professional of the Year – recognising the quality professional who has contributed most to their organisation
- Emerging Talent Award – recognising the younger Quality Professional
- Leadership Award – recognising a senior manager who has contributed most to their organisation in terms of the establishment of a culture of quality
- Quality Team of the Year – recognising a team of Quality Professionals who have contributed most to their organisation
- Quality Professional in a New Project – recognising the Quality Professional who has contributed most to their organisation with a quality system established from scratch in a project environment
- CQI Achievement Award – recognising the Quality Professional who has moved the profession forward over a number of years (this is an honorary award and therefore not open to entries)
Speaking about the upcoming awards, Vina Bongiorno, Director of Commercial Partnerships at the CQI said “By recognising the direct contribution quality professionals are making to the performance of their organisations, we’re continuing to raise the profile of the quality profession among the C-suite and boards of corporates around the globe. We look forward to entries demonstrating best practice in governance, assurance, continuous improvement and exemplary leadership –all hallmarks of the quality profession. We also look forward to recognising the corporate and government leaders demonstrably committed to developing a global culture of quality.”
The CQI will be releasing more details on the international quality awards soon so watch this space. Entries for the awards are also opening soon and you are able to register your interest via the CQI website here